Verion 9.0 comes with a new feature called database mirrors. This is specially useful in multi-farm companies, where each farm sends the database to the central office to run consolidated reports. Using a tool like DropBox, now the central office can update all databases in just two clicks. This topic uses DropBox but you can use any other tool to share files on the Cloud.
- Install DropBox in central office and also in all farms. You can get it free from www.dropbox.com
- Only in the farms, create a new subfolder called Agritecsoft in the DropBox folder.
- Right click the Agritecsoft folder and select Shared Folder Configuration.
- Invite the user of the central office, so the central office will share this folder.
Uploading databases to the Cloud:
- In the farm computer, execute Porcitec.
- Click Import / Export and then Share Databases.
- In Destination directory, make sure that it points to the Agritecsoft DropBox folder. For example C:\Users\MyName\SkyDrive\Agritecsoft.
- Click OK.
This process starts to upload databases to the Cloud. It could take several minutes to be completed depending on the Internet connection.
Update databases in central office:
At this point, you will be able to see the shared files in the Agritecsoft folder of the central office. First you need to set up all mirroring databases used in the central office:
- Go to Control Panel and then Connection Manager.
- Click Add Connection button.
- Select Mirroring Database and enter the path to the backup file placed in the shared folder.
- The Database Path is automatically filled. Modify it if necessary.
- Click Ok
- Repeat the above steps for each mirroring database.
To update all databases click Import & Export in main menu and then click Update Mirrors. In two clicks, all mirroring databases will be updated automatically from the farms.